Specializing in food sensitive baking. Gluten and Soy-free, Organic, and sometimes Vegan.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New eating Habits?

It's that time again, when we examine what we did wrong in the previous year and proclaim an attempt to change in the upcoming year. You know, New Years resolutions. Personally speaking, I chose not to make any resolutions this year. I found that I am no good at them. And it is not because I do not have the will power necessary but instead, I see New Years resolutions on the silly side. Honestly. A one-time resolution at the beginning of the year only brings guilt; really, how many people strictly comply to their resolution? Self-actualization, well-being, and happiness, you know, all the underlying themes of resolutions like "get in shape" and "eat healthier" are goals we should strive for at all times, all year long. The acknowledgment to change or work on areas of our lives is important though, and if New Years sets that in motion, then I throw some support behind resolutions.

So in light of this, I want to bring attention to an article I read today about the danger of gluten and its role as an undiagnosed source for many as they suffer from acute and chronic diseases.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/gluten-what-you-dont-know_b_379089.html

Ruling gluten out of one's diet may not be the conventional "eat healthier" resolution, but may just save your life... So pass it along to family and friends, co-workers and aquaintances or even to the lady or man next to you at the doctor's office, because I doubt "gluten" is on their doctor's intake form.

And yes, more posts with delicious pictures will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment